SPEED IMPROVING

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPEED IMPROVING

sumakana
Contributor I

Hi there guys, I just made a web server application including ADC and GPIO and it seems to be working fine, however, the time between the button in the web server and the action is VERY slow. If y press the button 3 times per second it lags up to 30 seconds before catching up. I´ve checked the webserver example and its just as slow, if not even more so. Is that the real limit for RTCS concerning speed? I´m using M52233Demo. I send you guys my proyect as I believe it may be a good example to use if you can check it. I also used Processor expert drivers for GPIO and ADC and seems to be working all right, as the server`s been up for over a week and there has been not a single crash. I`ll keep the ethernet and usb drivers with mqx, though.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

boogy
Contributor III

I am having a similar problem. My application has redundant communications capability. If the Ethernet is offline it chooses uart port 1. I am running the uart in interrupt mode. When I look for characters I use the fstatus function on either the uart file handle or the socket handle. Once fstatus indicates there is a char I receive it using fgetc to the appropriate handle. I measure the time it takes to pick up characters using an oscilloscope and an LED output. The uart  time is 300 micro seconds for 7 characters. The socket time is 12 milliseconds for 7 characters. Another interesting point is that the ethernet phy chip is polled by the cpu once every 10 milliseconds. 

0 Kudos