Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: C12056

Jump to solution
HarryHirn
Contributor I

Hi,

i get more than one time the compiler warning at function returns:

Warning: C12056: SP debug info incorrect because of optimization or inline assembler

Codewarrior 4.7 with compiler options -Cf -CPUHCS12 -Mb -TD4LD4LLD4

uc: 9S12DP512DGV

i got a really big structure with 100 elements (ram address 0x874 - 0xe51) and incresed the stack to 512 byte, which solved some ram messup :smileyhappy:

i think i saw the warnings the first time i included math.h but im not sure about that.

fact is that im not using any inline assembly where the warnings occour.

may the warning be risin by the math.h?

or the big size of my structure?

grtz

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Including math.h itself does not cause it, also the size of structures does not matter.

I did explain the setup for this warning for example here:

https://community.freescale.com/message/66191#66191

The warning is more likely in huge functions and when some patterns are repeated multiple times. Using floating point increases the chances of this as even simple C statements can generate patterns big enough to optimize.

Also note that C12056 is not an error, "just" informs about one case of problematic debug information. Use -onf to switch the optimization of, but this will increase the code size (depending on the code possibly by quite a bit).

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Including math.h itself does not cause it, also the size of structures does not matter.

I did explain the setup for this warning for example here:

https://community.freescale.com/message/66191#66191

The warning is more likely in huge functions and when some patterns are repeated multiple times. Using floating point increases the chances of this as even simple C statements can generate patterns big enough to optimize.

Also note that C12056 is not an error, "just" informs about one case of problematic debug information. Use -onf to switch the optimization of, but this will increase the code size (depending on the code possibly by quite a bit).

Daniel

0 Kudos