Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printf with project stationery

Jump to solution
IPFC
Contributor II

Hello,

i got a rather strange thing on the CodeWarrior:

I wanna check some Numbers and Mathresults via the console, so i tried using the printf-command.

Now here is what is happening, when i start a new Project with the Project Stationery DSC 56800E i can add some Beans using the fractional math, BUT when i try printing via printf the console wont pop up, so i cant see nothing.

Is this a Bug, i have no clue why it doesnt appear.

When i start a EABI Stationery and use the Simulator as Hardware, the printf command is working and the Console shows my results BUT i cannot add the fractional math BEAN.

So how would you suppose to go on, i cant find anything why the console doesnt show up, and i cant start it manually.

What i want: I want to use the fractional math BEAN and show the results in the console, or if you know any way looking at the results of for example multiplication, without using the console, i would appreciate it :smileyhappy:

Here some facts about my system: Code Warrior IDE 5.9.0

i am working without Hardware connected, to test the math it should be sufficient.

thanks for youre help,

greetings from the hottest sommer ever in germany.

:smileymad::smileyvery-happy:

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
IPFC
Contributor II

Hello community,

here is the answer to my own question, just so you know:

printf doesnt work in Processor Expert Stationary, because its destiny is not the Console, but rather some bus device, so i would have to redirect it someone said to me. Right now i am not capable of doing advanced things like that, perhaps some day i will be.

Second, CodeWarrior is the ultimative Source of confusion, so it declared a whole lot of header files and declaration, for example in the PE_Types.h there is included the stdint.h but it wont be used, someone told me so at least.

So to use the Math functions in the Simulator environment, one has to :

#include instrinsics_56800E   , well this only works for the family of 56Fxxx i suppose, but anyway, now you got an idea how to process some code without using the Hardware, and still be able to "add" BEANs.

Greets

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IPFC
Contributor II

Hello community,

here is the answer to my own question, just so you know:

printf doesnt work in Processor Expert Stationary, because its destiny is not the Console, but rather some bus device, so i would have to redirect it someone said to me. Right now i am not capable of doing advanced things like that, perhaps some day i will be.

Second, CodeWarrior is the ultimative Source of confusion, so it declared a whole lot of header files and declaration, for example in the PE_Types.h there is included the stdint.h but it wont be used, someone told me so at least.

So to use the Math functions in the Simulator environment, one has to :

#include instrinsics_56800E   , well this only works for the family of 56Fxxx i suppose, but anyway, now you got an idea how to process some code without using the Hardware, and still be able to "add" BEANs.

Greets

0 Kudos