Can not enter background mode on DEMO9S08QG8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not enter background mode on DEMO9S08QG8

Bert_Aka
Contributor I

Having problems connecting my demoboard through the debugger. I am not able to establish BDM connection with the target. The debugger is apparently able to detect the MCU and also it resets the target but then it stops working.

Please see msg in picture.

Have installed the "drivers_10_install.exe" from P&E, no change:-(

What to do?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

irob
Contributor V

Bert, why are you using a custom trim frequency?  Let P&E's gurus do that for you.  Uncheck that box.

Also, why do you have the "Provide power to target" box checked?  That's for using an external P&E Cyclone programmer, which has a set of relays to turn power on and off to the target.

Take a look at my setup, also talking to a DEMO9S08QG8 board.

0 Kudos

Bert_Aka
Contributor I

This could also be related.

After connecting the USB lead, board powers up and LED2 starts flashing. Pressing SW1 toggles LED1, all fine acording to the quick start guide.

When I now press reset I would assume the LED stoped flashing, but no nothing happens.

It appears the RESET is disabled, is this normal?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hello and welcome to the fora Bert-Aka,

Not sure on your original problem, but I can tell you that the reset pin on a QG8 has to be explicitly configured as reset in order to function as such. This pin can be configured for several different functions, reset is but one of these and is not the default either. Refer to the register SOPT1 in the datasheet.

0 Kudos