cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming more than one unit from CW

Tbspd_TOK
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm running CW6.1 for HCS08 and on several QE variants. I also use the USB Multilink Interface for programming. When testing prototypes we need to reprogram more than one unit, sometimes more than 10. 

This take lots of time since the only way I can find to do this, is to restart the debug window for each unit.

I would like to know if this is the only way to do this in CW, or is there some hidden way to do a faster 'connect & program only' download?

I would also like to know if it is possible to get some download/ program only variants of the CW software. We have some branch offices around the world, and we would like to make it possible for them to reprogram and update existing units from the hex files only. We don't want to distribute the projects. If this is possibe in CW, please direct me.

Thanks

TOK

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Lundin
Senior Contributor IV

CW isn't for production programming, it is a dev tool. Besides the sluggish downloads through the debugger, you certainly don't want to spill out your source code all over the place.

PE Micro has several alternatives for production programming. CW is just calling PE Micro's programs for download. For example they have a neat stand-alone tool called "Cyclone Pro", which can be used without the need for a PC attached.

Their competitors Softec micro should have equivalent solutions as well.

0 Kudos