Migration from Microtec C compiler to CodeWarrior 68k

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Microtec C compiler to CodeWarrior 68k

pflannery
Contributor I

I need to migrate C and Assembly code for a MC68332 based device to the CodeWarrior 68k system. It was originally compiled using the Microtec C compiler (either ver 1.0 or 2.0).
It is needed for an older model device that my company has. It is an older 68332 based product that we have the C source code for but no longer have the Microtec C compiler. It's part of a product line that we purchased but to this point never needed to make any modifications to. That has recently changed.
Unfortunately it was developed using the Microtec compiler according to documentation on the product. I need a compiler/ide to reproduce the 'bin' file output and then start to make changes that customers have been asking for, bug fixes, etc.

Has anyone ever done this migration before and if so can they provide any pointers on how to get started and advise on pitfalls to avoid?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ChrisJohns
Contributor I

Hi,

I have done this a few times for clients over years on these specific parts. I have moved them to the GNU compiler and it proved effective and cost efficent. I can only speak about GNU gcc because this is what I focus on so using Codewarrior maybe possible but a Codewarrior user would need to speak up.

The GNU gcc is nice because it has moved over the years with host operating systems, be it Windows, Linux, or MacOS. Sure you may need a new build of GNU gcc for a new host but your appliction source code does not change greatly if at all.

0 Kudos