License problem with evaluation version of 7.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License problem with evaluation version of 7.2

ARQ
Contributor I

I installed CodeWarrior for Coldfire 7.2 Special Edition and MQX 3.5.1 to try the demo projects for the MCF52259 tower kit.  This was installed clean on a Windows XP 32-bit system, and no other CodeWarrior versions were installed on this system previously.

The project (...MQX 3.5\demo\hvac\cwcf72\hvac_twrmcf52259.mcp) compiles fine but when I go to program the Flash, I get the following error:  "Nothing downloaded, limited to 131072 bytes of code." 

I understand the special version is limited to 128kb code size, but I thought this restriction is not there for the first 30 days.  I was doing this testing the same day I installed it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

That's your problem: the "evaluation version" is not the same as the "special edition" version. The special edition version is free but limited to 128K of object code. The evaluation version, which is a different download, is unlimited for 30 days, after which it reverts to the special edition version.

0 Kudos

ARQuattr
Contributor IV

I see, thank you.  I misunderstood - I thought the special edition had no limitations for 30 days.

Thanks.

0 Kudos