AnsweredAssumed Answered

L1981 "no copydown created" - what am I missing?

Question asked by Tom Collins on Jun 16, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2010 by bigmac

HC08, CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers v6.3, IDE version 5.9.0 build 5292.

Using Start08.c, .prm file for project includes a "COPY" (segment? org?) in the placement section.

What do I need to change in order to allow static variables in my functions to be initialized.  I'm trying to get a cross-platform library working on this target, and really need to make use of static variables if at all possible.

I'm an experienced C and embedded programmer, but very green with CodeWarrior and Freescale.  Explicit instructions without too many abbreviations (WTF does feeding the COP mean in Start08.c?) appreciated.

I was given a skeleton project file as a starting point, since it's sharing the flash with a bootloader and some shared data, so using the Project Wizard is likely out of the question.

Here are the SEGMENTS and PLACEMENT sections of my .prm file:

SEGMENTS /* Here all RAM/ROM areas of the device are listed. Used in PLACEMENT below. */    Z_RAM                    =  READ_WRITE   0x0080 TO 0x00FF;    FLASH_RAM                =  READ_WRITE   0x0100 TO 0x01FF;        /* Reserved for flash code that executes in RAM */    SHARED_RAM               =  NO_INIT      0x0200 TO 0x0215;        /* Used to send data between bootloader and application */    RAM                      =  READ_WRITE   0x0216 TO 0x087F;        /* The rest of RAM */    /* Application areas */    APP_RESERVED             =  READ_ONLY    0x8000 TO 0x83FF;        /* 1KB storage for app - never touched by BL */    APP_VER_DATA             =  READ_ONLY    0x8400 TO 0x841F;    APP_FLASH_ROM            =  READ_ONLY    0x8420 TO 0x850F RELOCATE_TO 0x100;    APP_ROM                  =  READ_ONLY    0x8510 TO 0xF1BB;    APP_VERSION              =  READ_ONLY    0xF1BC TO 0xF1BF;        /* 4 byte pointer to app version string */    APP_IVT                  =  READ_ONLY    0xF1C0 TO 0xF1FD;        /* Application Interrupt Vector Table */    APP_START                =  READ_ONLY    0xF1FE TO 0xF1FF;        /* Application start address */    /* Bootloader (BL) areas */    FLASH_ROM                =  READ_ONLY    0xF200 TO 0xF2EF RELOCATE_TO 0x100;  /* Flash routines that get copied to RAM */    BOOTLOADER               =  READ_ONLY    0xF2F0 TO 0xFFA9;                    /* Bootloader ROM area */    BL_VERSION               =  READ_ONLY    0xFFAA TO 0xFFAD;                    /* 4 byte pointer to BL version number */ENDPLACEMENT     SHARED_DATA            INTO SHARED_RAM;    _DATA_ZEROPAGE,                                 /* zero page variables */    MY_ZEROPAGE            INTO Z_RAM;    FAR_RAM,                                        /* non-zero page variables */                           DEFAULT_RAM            INTO RAM;    APPLICATION_VERSION    INTO APP_VER_DATA;    FLASH_ROUTINES         INTO APP_FLASH_ROM;        _PRESTART,                                    STARTUP,                   /* startup data structures */        ROM_VAR,                   /* constant variables */    STRINGS,                   /* string literals */          VIRTUAL_TABLE_SEGMENT,     /* C++ virtual table segment */    DEFAULT_ROM,    COPY                   INTO APP_ROM;            /* copy down information: how to initialize variables */  END

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

-Tom

Outcomes