vijay naidu

bootloader for MC9S12C64 ic

Discussion created by vijay naidu on Jun 14, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 by vijay naidu

Hey there,

I'm doing a project at Uni which involves coding a MC9S12C64 ic . I'm very new to the world of coding & I'm just needing some help on loading firmware onto the MC9S12C64.

I have bought the chip from Farnell brand new so I'm assuming it has no bootloader loaded on, which is probably why I cant load any firmware onto it via serial.

I have done alot of reading & what I have garthered so far is that you can use the bdm way to upload the bootloader or the serial rs-232 way via the LREA (load ram and execute). I really want to do it the serial way because I dont have the bdm hardware. I have a few questions here...

I have noticed my chip isnt listed in the AN2546.pdf so will the LRAE load into my chip if I do it this way?

If I can load the LRAE into my chip via serial, could someone give me a step by step method into how to do this please? (include hardware mods, programs to use etc).

If I cant load the LRAE into my chip via serial, is there any other way of getting a bootlader into my chip via the serial connection?

Programes & notes I have already downloaded which may help are...

Code Warrior IDE V5 special

AN2548SW1.zip

AN2548SW2.zip

Thanks for any help/suggestions in advance.

Regards

Vijay N

Outcomes