BDM problem on MC9S08LL16

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDM problem on MC9S08LL16

VincentLau
Contributor I

I am doing a project with MC9S08LL16. However, I can't download any program via a PE USB multilink interface. The codewarrior remind me a power cycle dialog saying that The target MCU is not reponding, turn MCU power on, and then click OK. It fails again after I do as the same as the dialog upon. Now the coderwarrior gives me another note "Failure connecting to device.Power cycle the HCS08 processor and try connecting again". I have check the power and ground of MCU, including BDM connection. But it seems that there is no mistakes. Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Lundin
Senior Contributor IV

There are many things that could cause such problems. The far most common ones are:

- The MCU could be secured. This is a feature of new MCUs that prevents copycats from stealing code. You can unsecure your MCU through a free program available from PE Micro's web site, or through the Codewarrior debugger.

- Incorrect BDM or reset lines. Missing pull-ups on these lines. Missing ground between BDM connector and PC.

- 2x3 socket header turned upside down 180 degrees, or the cables/connectors are damaged.

- CPU clock is missing because of wrong design or poorly soldered crystal. Make a rough measurement of the oscillator frequency with an oscilloscope to see that the MCU is alive and running at the desired speed.

- Poor power supply or no supply at all.

0 Kudos

jbond
Contributor I

Can I program with out the PE? Manual load?

0 Kudos