Trying to use 2 serial ports with MQX. Need commands similar to Interniche.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to use 2 serial ports with MQX. Need commands similar to Interniche.

Jump to solution
terryt
Contributor I

I'm using MQX 3.5 and a M52259demo board. I having trouble simply adding another serial port (polling type) while having the existing terminal functionality on ttya. I'm an Interniche user that finds the Interniche code easier to follow.

With Interniche there are two commands:    uart_putc( int unit, unsigned char ch) & uart_getc( int unit). I'm using two serial ports just fine. I'm trying to port code over to MQX and can't find a similar command.

The only commands I come across is putchar & getchar. That works for one serial port, but I want to use two serial ports. Is there a similar command like in MQX like the ones above from Interniche?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Attaching an example that can be copied and pasted into the MQX4.x/mqx/examples/io project to play with a second UART of your choice.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Terry,

You need to enable the appropriate #define for the second UART you want to use in the user_config.h header file and then re-compile the build_libs.mcp for the demo board.

Then reference the enclose example. It is simple modified/enhanced version of the examples/io project.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Attaching an example that can be copied and pasted into the MQX4.x/mqx/examples/io project to play with a second UART of your choice.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos