TAD Quirk with C++

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAD Quirk with C++

Class_Five
Contributor II

This may sound like a minor issue, but it worries me because it may indicate a subtle but serious problem. So, if anyone can comment, thanks in advance.

If I create a small "Hello, world" task and debug it, the "Task Summary" view shows just what one would expect.

However, if I compile the "Hello, world" program forcing C++ (still using printf - no C++ library included - no change to any other library), then "Task Summary" loses the task names. They are just blank. I can drill down to the original names with the debugger, starting from MQX_init_struct, and nothing looks out of place. It still prints "Hello, world", of course.

Any idea what is going on?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Dr_Stuckforhelp
Contributor I

I'm having the same kind of problem.
The task names are blank in "Task Summary", "Ready Queue" and "Stack Usage" but the task names do appear properly in "MQX Initialization".

FYI: When I execute _tad_stack_usage() within my program, the names do appear properly.

My version info:
MQX 3.5 on a CF 52259EVB
CodeWarrior Development Studio for ColdFire Architectures 7.1.1a Patch, Build 9, 7.1.2 Patch, Build 8
IDE Version: 5.9.0 Build 3024
Plugins: 110
TAD: ColdFire Processor Family, Build: Jul 24 2009, Version 4.0.8.3

0 Kudos

Class_Five
Contributor II

Here's an update. I had to move to the MCF54455, and so I had to upgrade to MQX 3.5. The task names now appear correctly.