Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with codewarrior with MC9S12XEQ512

Jump to solution
hasaur
Contributor II

Hello.

I have ordered some 16-bits MCU samples : its ordered part is S912XEQ512J3MAA.

First, I would like to know if it is the same as MC9S12XEQ512MAA.

Then, I tried to start a new project in codewarrior but I haven't many choices in processor expert : I only have LQFP 144 (MC9S12XEQ512MAG), but no QFP 80. I would like to know how I can do to use processor expert for my MCU.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
It´s correct. It´s not possible to switch to another pin variant of CPU package using "CPU type" property.

To avoid your problem I suggest one of the following steps:

- create new project and select requested derivative within project wizard (for more detials please find attached screenshot)
- in existing project add requested derivative (MC9S12XEQ512_80) from "Beans Selector" window (for more details please find attached screenshot) and consequently using "CPU type" property switch to MAA package.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

it seems that you are using some older version of Code Warrior and Processor Expert. I have created new Processor Expert project for MC9S12XEQ512MAA within latest version of CW for HCS12(X) V5.0 with installed latest version of Processor Expert V3.01(avalaible as servicepack for CW V5.0) and I have not encountered any problem.

Creation of PE project for S912XEQ512J3MAA by selecting MC9S12XEQ512MAA is correct. Please note that J3 means only fab. (J = TSMC) and mask revision. For more details please refer to the refernce manual in chapter "Appendix F Ordering Information".

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
hasaur
Contributor II

Thank you for your help.

I already have version 5.0 of codewarrior but I have Processor Expert V3.00. I'll try your file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
hasaur
Contributor II

As you can see on the picture I joined, I can't choose MC9S12XEQ512MAA. First, I can choose HC12XE then XEP100... or XEQ512, then you can see what the choices are on the picture.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
It´s correct. It´s not possible to switch to another pin variant of CPU package using "CPU type" property.

To avoid your problem I suggest one of the following steps:

- create new project and select requested derivative within project wizard (for more detials please find attached screenshot)
- in existing project add requested derivative (MC9S12XEQ512_80) from "Beans Selector" window (for more details please find attached screenshot) and consequently using "CPU type" property switch to MAA package.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
0 Kudos
hasaur
Contributor II

Thank you very much.

It works by doing like you said. But I also did it by selecting SofTec HCS12 instead of Full Chip Simulation and it let me choose MAA. 

I have a last question, but it isn't the same subject. I just would like to know if I can use MQX RTOS on MC9S12XEP100 or if it is reserved to Coldfire only ?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

as far as I know this derivate is not supported by MQX. However for more details please follow this link:

www.freescale.com/MQX

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos