Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC13224V - Beestack - Join issue

Jump to solution
aboi
Contributor I

Hi all,

I’m using a custom board and BeeStack codebase 3.0.6 and I have a problem during the network formation. I call the function ZDO_Start(gStartWithOutNvm_c) in a ZR and when another node is in range the association is created without problems. However, when I try to start the procedure without another node in range, the application just sends 3 Beacon Requests and then the ZDO remains in a gZDOToAppMgmtNwkDiscovery_c state (I have verified this behavior using Daintree network analyzer and some breakpoints). The problem is the node should keep sending beacon according to my configuration of BeeStack.

Some relevant parameters:

Network Discovery attempts 0

Network Discovery scan attempts 3

Discovery attempts timeout 0

ZDO Scan interval 100

Somebody knows what is going on?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
augurolo
Contributor I

Ok, for everyone who need this information, I downloaded BeeKit 1.9.15 with codebase 3.0.7 and made the same program... Problem got solved by itself, I guess it's a bug or something in BeeKit 1.9.11 or codebase 3.0.6... The GenericApp demo exported from both beekit versions and compiled without modifying anything supports my hypotesis.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
augurolo
Contributor I

Has anyone any answer to this, we are probably missing some important basic topic here but I have the same feeling about my device not retrying to connect.

If I turn on the ZED before the ZC, the first will never get in the ZC network and over the air I just get by the ZED those 3 beacon request.

And how can my application get noticed by the BeeStack if the network joining process has stopped (the BeeAppZdpCallBack doesn't receive any message when after these three beacons have been sent)?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
augurolo
Contributor I

Ok, for everyone who need this information, I downloaded BeeKit 1.9.15 with codebase 3.0.7 and made the same program... Problem got solved by itself, I guess it's a bug or something in BeeKit 1.9.11 or codebase 3.0.6... The GenericApp demo exported from both beekit versions and compiled without modifying anything supports my hypotesis.

0 Kudos
aboi
Contributor I

Thanks Augurolo, I will try it and post my results here.

0 Kudos
ENDEM
Contributor I

Dear Augurolo. I am trying to put about 50 ZED (End devices) joined to a ZC (controller) without any Router. I have tried with the Beekit example of "Ha Thermostat" for the ZC and "Ha TempSensor" for the ZED devices. I have checked that for above 10 ZED devices several ZEDs start to NOT communicate with the ZC. I have used the ZeD 1.6.0 to confirm it, and also my Graphical User Interface. Note that ONLY “mDefaultValueOfExtendedAddress_c” of the ZEDs have been modified from the example. It seems totally a NETWORK problem. The used Codebase is the "ARM7 BeeStack CodeBase 3.0.8". Have you got any idea what is the problem?

Thank you very much,

Galder

0 Kudos