cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory model while using Processor Expert

itisravi
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using code warrior 5.9.0 and PE 2.98 for S12XDP MCU.

1.At the time of project creation, if we enable processor expert, the memory model choice (small, banked,large) is automatically disabled . Why is this happening? What model does PE use by default and how do i change it?

2.If i add new new files to my PE enabled project , do i need to explicity  define #pragma CODESEG and DATASEG accordingy in the files?

Thanks.

Ravi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

you are right, there is no possibility to change or select memory model during creation of a new Processor Expert project. Memory model that is selected by default is "Banked memory" model. However there is the possibility to additionaly change memory model within PE using "Memory model" property in CPU bean in "Build Options" tab. For more details please find attached screenshot.

Using Memory model property to swicth memory model, it is not the only one step that must be done to switch it, there are some additional steps that follows:

- go to build options tab and  for example swicth  memory model to Small.  
- go to project compiler seting and select -Ms option. For more details please find attached screen shot
- go to "Project panel" to "Files" tab and change ansixbi.lib to ansixsi.lib in Libs folder

- start code generation/compilation

Regarding to your second question:
In case that you need to extend your project about some additional module and the module must be stored in some specifix memory area, then I guess yes, you must add these pragmas into the module and accordingly modify prm file. In case that your module contains any pragmas linker would store it in default area.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

itisravi
Contributor II

0 Kudos