cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC68S9QG8 + SMAC - Writing at unimplemented memory address

gooral
Contributor I

Hi,

I try do develop a simple application using BeeKit. I modified project to my board (uC - QG8). When project is copiling I get Failed writing target address 0x1400 - coused by writing at unimplemented memory address (verification error occured). Simulation doesn't start (programming too). I try to look into files and find this writing operation - without results. Maybe it isn't write explicite?

There is no main program yet. I've just tried to modify files(.h, .c) from BeeKit project and add them to my and complile.

Any help will be appreciated!

Best Regards

Andrzej

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ThaManJD
Contributor III

QG8 is a very low resource uC.

My first guess is that SMAC wants more RAM than the QG8 has? Or your RAM segment declarations (i assume this is C in codewarrior) in your prm file point to memory space the QG8 doesnt have.

I havn't looked at an SMAC project with beekit before so i can't guess how much RAM it's going to want.

It could also be the PRM file ROM segment declarations are pointing to flash program space in the wrong location.

Maybe posting the projects PRM file contents here would help. Also the MAP file generated by the linker should give you clues about where the compiler has decided to put all your variables and code.

0 Kudos