Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercial USB gateway with MC13224

Jump to solution
Henrik
Contributor I

Hello!

I am trying to find a gateway between 802.15.4 and USB (dongle like) implemented with the MC13224 processor. Does anyone know any commerically available product?

Regards

/Henrik

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
redbee
Contributor III

Henrik wrote:

Hello!

I am trying to find a gateway between 802.15.4 and USB (dongle like) implemented with the MC13224 processor. Does anyone know any commercially available product?

Regards

/Henrik

These are the two I know of:

Redbee - EconoTAG

Freescale - USB

The econotag uses an FT2232H hooked up to the JTAG pins and to UART1 as well as VREF2 for erasing.

The Freescale dongle uses an FT232 to UART1 only. Erasing it is difficult and you have to reset it manually.

We (Redwire) have a small dongle in development that uses an FT2232H like the econotag, but it won't be available for a few more months.

-Mar.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
redbee
Contributor III

Henrik wrote:

Hello!

I am trying to find a gateway between 802.15.4 and USB (dongle like) implemented with the MC13224 processor. Does anyone know any commercially available product?

Regards

/Henrik

These are the two I know of:

Redbee - EconoTAG

Freescale - USB

The econotag uses an FT2232H hooked up to the JTAG pins and to UART1 as well as VREF2 for erasing.

The Freescale dongle uses an FT232 to UART1 only. Erasing it is difficult and you have to reset it manually.

We (Redwire) have a small dongle in development that uses an FT2232H like the econotag, but it won't be available for a few more months.

-Mar.

0 Kudos
Henrik
Contributor I

Hi!

About the upcoming USB dongle you are working with; do you have any specs and target price for it? Will that be available on commerical edition, i.e. encapsulated etc.?

Thanks

/Henrik

0 Kudos
redbee
Contributor III

Henrik wrote:

Hi!

About the upcoming USB dongle you are working with; do you have any specs and target price for it? Will that be available on commerical edition, i.e. encapsulated etc.?

Thanks

/Henrik

The specs closley match those of the EconoTAG (e.g. ft2232H and mc13224v) but without push buttons and breakout pins. It has two leds and an SMD ceramic antenna. It will have a plastic case about the size of a normal usb stick.

I don't have a price or a release date yet, but it's at least a few months out.

-Mar.

0 Kudos
Henrik
Contributor I

Hi!

Ok, thanks for the information. I'll have to be patient and wait then and use the freescale "lab version" for now. When you have any new information I would be glad if you could notice me: henrik[dot]magnusson[at]micropower[dot]se

Regards

/Henrik

0 Kudos
redbee
Contributor III

Henrik wrote:

Hi!

Ok, thanks for the information. I'll have to be patient and wait then and use the freescale "lab version" for now. When you have any new information I would be glad if you could notice me: henrik[dot]magnusson[at]micropower[dot]se

Regards

/Henrik

Ok. Also feel free to join our mailing list --- I'll be sure to make an announcement there when it is available.

mc1322x@devl.org mailing list

-Mar.

0 Kudos