AnsweredAssumed Answered

CW 10.0 beta 3 tries to load NVPROT_INIT and NVOPT_INIT into DEMOQE board

Question asked by Wayne Farmer on Mar 20, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2010 by Wayne Farmer

I'm attempting to load a simple C++ program into the DEMOQE board with the MCF51QE128 installed.  I've built the program using CW 10.0 beta 3 with Processor Expert.  Connection from my PC to the board is over USB via P&E Micro USB BDM Multilink hardware on the board.

//

Using CS 10.0 beta 3, I'm able to erase the uC flash and verify that it is blank, but when I attempt to load the program into flash, the load won't complete.  It fails because the load includes these two segments:

//

1.  Load 0xFF into address 0x40D (NVPROT_INIT)

//

2.  Load 0x7F into address 0x40F (NVOPT_INIT)

//

and the loader reports that the board signals "NOT READY" after that attempt.  The load aborts at that point, so the rest of my program never gets loaded.

//

What's happening?  Is the load failing because the flash considers these addresses protected?  (Perhaps it is trying to protect the USB bootloader already present in the flash.)  But if that's the case, why did my attempt to erase the flash succeed?

//

One idea I haven't yet tried:   would it help to change the Project properties so that under Processor Expert.pe / CPUs / MCF51CE128 , right-click Inspector, Build Options / Flash Registers Initialization , the setting is Disabled rather than Enabled?

Outcomes