Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jtag error - Draco/m HIP8: Core not responding

prasadachar
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using

mpc8548e custom made board with nor flash s29al016d90tfi01, using usb tap , the cfg file used is  '8548CDS_sram_flash.cfg', attached the installed plugin for the code warrier and related installs.

i was using initally 1.2GHz ceramic bga for the design and the jtag was fine i could flash the nor and now i used 1.3GHz plastic bga and this is the error message i get when i try to connect the jtag - attached the log file for the error message.

i am using the -> "tool -> flash programmer "   to program the flash.

i am not able to pin point as to what is the issue and is the identified core is correct  -> darco/m hip8????.

Can some one give me pointers for me to go ahead.

thanks

Prasad

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Prasad,

Whether dropping in a new chip into an old socket or bringing up a new board, it's a good idea to verify the low-level JTAG interface is functioning properly.  You should have a file called 'idcode.tcl' in your \ccs\bin folder.   Double-click on ccs.exe in that folder to launch CCS manually, then double-click on the CCS Console icon when it appears in your Windows Tooltray to bring up the CCS Console.  In the Console enter 'source idcode.tcl' to load in a diagnostic routine, select your USB TAP, then enter 'scanboard' to run the diagnostic and post your results.  We need to see a valid JTAG ID code from this test before we can proceed.

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos