Peter Grabau

CodeWarrior for ColdFire v7.1.2 Patch does NOT support M52259DEMOKIT???

Discussion created by Peter Grabau on Mar 17, 2010
Latest reply on May 3, 2010 by Martin Belohorka

Hi

I am trying to use Processor Expert with the M52259DEMOKIT but it keeps saying that it's not supported.

I installed CodeWarrior Development Studio for Coldfire V7.1 and the 7.1.1 patch for MCF5225x from the disk included with the kit.

Then I created a new project with the M52259DEMOKIT as the target. All looked good. Then I tried to open Processor Expert and it said "Selected Target 'M52259DEMOKIT' is not supported by Processor Expert. Do you want to select a different one?"

Today I downloaded (600MB) and installed CodeWarrior for ColdFire v7.1.2 Patch which is supposed to provide "Processor Expert V1.04 with support for M52259DEMOKIT". However when I created a new project with the M52259DEMOKIT as the target and then tried to open Processor Expert it said the same thing "Selected Target 'M52259DEMOKIT' is not supported by Processor Expert. Do you want to select a different one?".

So, what's going on here? What am I doing wrong? Why can't I get Processor Expert to support the M52259DEMOKIT?

My problem is that I need to use the M52259DEMOKIT. If I try to create a project with the MCF52259 as the target the CodeWarrior doesn't support the OSBDM connection but if I try and create a project with the M52259BEMOKIT as the target I can't use Processor Expert or Device Initialization.

PS: I've also installed CodeWarrior Development Studio for Coldfire V7.2 but get the same results.

Outcomes