Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert with M52259Demo

Jump to solution
JerryT
Contributor I

Hello,

I am a student trying to use the M52259Demo for SPI communication. Unfortunately I do not have a very extensive background in C coding or Codewarrior IDE, so even going through the MQX v3.5 examples is confusing. I was hoping to be able to use Processor Expert, but every time I try to compile I get two errors which I have not been able to avoid:

+Cpu

+INTERNAL ERROR: at line 2153: Unknown macro: "CW_PRJWIZ_MCU_NAME" (file: Drivers\MCF\MCF.drv)

+INTERNAL ERROR: at line 121: File not found: sources\startcf.c (file: Drivers\MCF\CodeWarriorMCF_Plugin.prg)

This occurs once I have opened an MQX 3.5 stationary for the M52259Demo and enabled PE with my CPU and I/O beans.

I have also attempted to create a Coldfire project with the M52259 CPU selected and do not get the error messages, but I am unable to communicate with the MCU through the USB BDM-JM60.

If anyone could offer some insight on how I might be able to avoid the errors and/or use PE the way I am intending, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

here are the steps to create a Processor Expert project for M52259DEMOKIT board and OSBDM:

1. Select plain M52259 MCU
2. In Project wizard continue by clicking on the "Next" button
3. After project creation open "Project settings" window (Alt+F7) and select OSBDM connection
4. Setup the CPU bean according to DEMO PCB hardware (clock settings etc..).

Please find test application of these steps that blinks LED1 at 10 Hz frequency. The application was created and tested in CW V7.2.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

here are the steps to create a Processor Expert project for M52259DEMOKIT board and OSBDM:

1. Select plain M52259 MCU
2. In Project wizard continue by clicking on the "Next" button
3. After project creation open "Project settings" window (Alt+F7) and select OSBDM connection
4. Setup the CPU bean according to DEMO PCB hardware (clock settings etc..).

Please find test application of these steps that blinks LED1 at 10 Hz frequency. The application was created and tested in CW V7.2.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos