Processor Expert project on Tower M52259

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert project on Tower M52259

Aluminio
Contributor I

I am having trouble with the baud rate settings in a CW7.2 and 7.1.2 PE project. Crating a fresh project, assisted by PE, adding an AsynchroSerial Bean and configuring it to use UART1 (TWRSer card) at 115200 baud, the resulting rate is about one sixth of the configured in the bean.

All jumpers are at the default positions, but if CLKMOD0 and CLKMOD1 are pulled up, the UART  settings work as expected.

It seems that there is some configuration missing in the PLL registers that change clocks behavior after reset, but I can´t find the real reason.

Thanks in advance.

Aluminio

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

In generall this kind of issues are in the most cases caused by intorrect value of external crystal set in CPU bean, that does not accord to value of crystal on your PCB board. Please note that currently there are supported only M52259EVB rev 2.0 and plain M52259 MCU in Processor Expert. You are using M52259 TWR board therefore setting of jumpers on your board must correspond to settings in CPU bean in Processor Expert. In case that you have selected M52259EVB project then CPU bean is set according to jumper deafult settings of this board. M52259EVB rev 2.0 has set both digital inputs CLKMOD0 and CLKMOD1 to "hi" by default therefore I think your way to set these jumpers to hi was correct.

For more deatils about M52259EVB see its documentation.

For more detailas about digital inputs CLKMOD0 and CLKMOD1 pins please refer to the M52259RM into Table 7-1. Clocking Modes in M52259RM.

I have check timing functionality of Asynchroserial bean on M52259EVB board and everything seem to me OK for M52259EVB project and M52259EVB rev 2.0

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos