please help with mpc5121e (on ADS512101) syntax using CWIDE 5.9.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help with mpc5121e (on ADS512101) syntax using CWIDE 5.9.0

bbjh1
Contributor I

Please I need help...its very urgent and the problem is critical....I just started dealing with embedded systems and I am using mpc5121e processor found on ADS512101 board. If anyone can help me and tell me what is the exact syntax I should write so taht I can write on a register? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you're still looking for help I recommend starting with File->New->New Project Wizard  to create a new demo MPC5121e demo project.  After this project is created take a look at the source files, particularly init_mmu_cache.c, for examples of how the assembler references specific registers.  Referring to main.c (or main.cpp) you will see a convenient example for calling assembly functions from a C function.  I hope this helps.

-Ron

0 Kudos

bbjh1
Contributor I

Thx for your reply. I did create an EPPC new project wizard and I get the following C code

#include <stdio.h>
void main()
{
     printf("Welcome to CodeWarrior!\r\n");

}

Is there anything missing?

0 Kudos

ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There's nothing missing from that project but the source code you listed is the main.c code, not the boot code.  I suggested earlier to look at the MMU-initialization code for the examples you asked for.  Expand the different file folders in your new project, look for that MMU file and see if that doesn't answer your questions.

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos

bbjh1
Contributor I

Thx Ron. I will take a look at the mmu files. I just have a problem. Whenever I try to compile the code I get the following error:

" License check failed: No such feature exists

Feature: Linux Plugins_Comp_PPC

License Path License.dat

FLEXlm error : -5,357"

Do you have any idea what's the probelm and how can I fix it? I already posted this problem somehwere else on the forum and I submitted an online request, but no luck so far. Thank you again for your help.

0 Kudos

ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looks like a licensing problem. Either you're trying to use a feature that's not supported by your current CodeWarrior license or your license file is either missing, moved or corrupted.  I suggest you log a Service Request from your http://www.freescale.com -> "My Freescale"  webpage and report this problem.  Please include which version of CodeWarrior you're using, on which operating system (Windows or Linux) it runs, and (if on Windows) the results of selecting (in the CodeWarrior IDE) Help->About->Installed Products->Save As.

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos

bbjh1
Contributor I

Alright thank you. I don't think I am trying to use a feature not supported by the license because all what I did is I followed the steps found in Section "Creating a Bare Board Project" in the Targeting mobileGT Processors.pdf and once I clicked on "Make" to compile the code I got the error. I guess as you said the license file must be corrupted.

I already submitted a request online I am still waiting for their response. I hope soon.

Thank you once again.

0 Kudos