AnsweredAssumed Answered

CW Over-writing non-volatile data in FLASH

Question asked by M Heimbach on Feb 16, 2010
Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 by M Heimbach

Hi,  I am using the program doOnstack to use the stack for programming bytes to flash.  Everything is working OK.  I can open the CW memory window and see the data written, which remains after a power cycle/reset.  However, when I reflash the device, the non-volatile data is over-written with 1's.  My .prm file was modified to set aside 512b for the non-volatile area.  A copy of the .prm is shown below for reference.  The non-volatile area extends from 0x8000 to 0x81FF.  After reading some of the threads on the subject here, I have also added the line,

NV_DATA                             INTO  ROM0;    /* Added for non-volatile memory storage */
from a previous post.   However, still no luck in retaining the data after a CodeWarrior reflash.  Is there a setting in CW to instruct the linker to avoid erasing the non-volatile area ?  Thanks.

NAMES END /* CodeWarrior will pass all the needed files to the linker by command line. But here you may add your own files too. */

SEGMENTS /* Here all RAM/ROM areas of the device are listed. Used in PLACEMENT below. */
    Z_RAM                    =  READ_WRITE   0x0060 TO 0x00FF;
    RAM                      =  READ_WRITE   0x0100 TO 0x081F;
    ROM0                     =  READ_ONLY    0x8000 TO 0x81FF;       /* NV Data storage */
    ROM                      =  READ_ONLY    0x8200 TO 0xFFAD;       // originally 0x8000 to 0xFFAD
    ROM1                     =  READ_ONLY    0xFFC0 TO 0xFFC9;
 /* INTVECTS                 =  READ_ONLY    0xFFCA TO 0xFFFF; Reserved for Interrupt Vectors */
END

PLACEMENT /* Here all predefined and user segments are placed into the SEGMENTS defined above. */
    DEFAULT_RAM,                        /* non-zero page variables */
                                        INTO  RAM;

_PRESTART,                          /* startup code */
    STARTUP,                            /* startup data structures */
    ROM_VAR,                            /* constant variables */
    STRINGS,                            /* string literals */
    VIRTUAL_TABLE_SEGMENT,              /* C++ virtual table segment */
    DEFAULT_ROM,
    COPY                                /* copy down information: how to initialize variables */
                                        INTO  ROM; /* ,ROM1: To use "ROM1" as well, pass the option -OnB=b to the compiler */

_DATA_ZEROPAGE,                     /* zero page variables */
    MY_ZEROPAGE                         INTO  Z_RAM;
END

STACKSIZE 0xA0

VECTOR 0 _Startup /* Reset vector: this is the default entry point for an application. */

Outcomes