cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizing C Compiler

dlf
Contributor I

Hi.

The standard and professional edition of codewarrior for DSCs (56800e) have included an optimizer C compiler.

How many the C optimizer is better than compiler without C optimizer. (Maybe any percent or how many times in terms of clock cycles for example??)

I carried out some test. Comparing  C code vs. ASM code. In terms of clock cycles, the asm is about twice faster than C.    How would be this relationship using C optimizer?

How can I update my CodeWArrior special edition v 8.2.3 to 8.3?  It is necessary unistall the older version and then install the new 8.3 version? I have not found any patch or update?

Thanks.

Message Edited by dlf on 2010-02-15 05:15 PM
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jag
Contributor IV

dlf wrote:

Hi.

The standard and professional edition of codewarrior for DSCs (56800e) have included an optimizer C compiler.

AFAIK the special version has the same optimizing C compiler, the only limitation is on code size

How many the C optimizer is better than compiler without C optimizer. (Maybe any percent or how many times in terms of clock cycles for example??)

just try with or without the optimizations enabled

I carried out some test. Comparing  C code vs. ASM code. In terms of clock cycles, the asm is about twice faster than C.    How would be this relationship using C optimizer?

whit or whitout the optimizations enabled.

You have to enable them in the project preferences (there should be a slide, for different level of optimization).

How can I update my CodeWArrior special edition v 8.2.3 to 8.3?  It is necessary unistall the older version and then install the new 8.3 version? I have not found any patch or update?

You can download and install the new version in parallel of the olders.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

Bye Jack

0 Kudos