s12p no dlycnt on input capture

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s12p no dlycnt on input capture

sprince
Contributor I

Perhaps I am not reading the input capture section for the s12p correctly.  I cannot find the delaycount register.  Does it not exist on the p version?  This makes no sense-how can noise be filtered out say, if one was to connect the input capture pin to a camshaft or crankshaft sensor?  Even with external filtering on this pin I have always seen noise and used the delay count to filter it out.  Wasn't this derivative designed specifically for the small engine market?

S. Prince

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

isionous
Contributor III

sprince wrote: this makes no sense-how can noise be filtered out say, if one was to connect the input capture pin to a camshaft or crankshaft sensor? 

You can still filter out noise via software.  Use input capture to detect a rising edge and then check the pin a little bit after that to see if the pin is still high.

ECT_EnableInputCapture(0, RISING_EDGES);...void interrupt TC0Handler(void){    if(TC0IsInInputCaptureMode()){        //switch to output compare mode to wait a while        TC0 = TCNT + SOME_DELAY;        ECT_EnableOutputCompare(0);    }    else{        if(PTT_PTT0){ //if pin still high            PulseCount++; //got true pulse, not noise        }        //switch back to input capture to detect rising edges        ECT_EnableInputCapture(0, RISING_EDGES);    }}

Or something like that.

0 Kudos