Help with Codewarrior IDE S12 V5.0 and KIT33812ECUEVME

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Codewarrior IDE S12 V5.0 and KIT33812ECUEVME

MBEMotorsportsi
Contributor I

Hi am I new to forums, codewarrior and Freescale. I bought the reference design KIT33812ECUEVME a few weeks ago and still havn't been able to do anything with it. How or where do I start. I made all the connections but don't know if I the software has been uploaded or not in the ECU.

I read all the documents but seems to be missing details. Does anyone have detailed step by step instructions on how to get started with the small engine software example?

Thanks for all you help 

MBE Motorsports inc.
Performance Engineering
Labels (1)
8 Replies

josh_FAE
Contributor I

Hi

I also am having the same problems with the kit 33812ECUEVME. Is it possible that some responsible FREESCALE can give us an answer or some help?

0 Kudos

josh_FAE
Contributor I

I think the example you have to use is "Software V1.mcp KIT33812ECUEVME" and that the working frequency must be 8MHz as instructed. The example executes but no output signal is active (on INJOUT FUEL, SPARK ON COIL). I'm using a 48 tooth sprocket and as a VRS input signal.

Does anyone have an idea?

Sorry for my English

sammaxel
Contributor I

I have just starting this KIT33812ECUEVME project, and I have the same problems: no injection signal output and no signal to coil output either.

Do any of you ever successfully making this KIT functional?

0 Kudos

usmanjavaid
Contributor II

yes u r thinking right

u must set the freq as 8 Mhz as instructed in the manual

0 Kudos

usmanjavaid
Contributor II

Currently i am working with KIT33812ECUEVME

my problem is that the fuel injector and other output pulses have very low amplitude (in millivolts)

i am using 8m1 toothed flywheel

regards:

Usman

usman_fr2@yahoo.com

0 Kudos

FFLINERA
Contributor I

Hi!

The same is happening to me. I am also new working with Codewarrior

I am trying to follow the steps of the Small Engine Reference design User manual Rev 3.0, but when I try to do the System Setup Validation Exercise that you can found on page 13 of this manual, it is imposibble.

"My_Engine_project.mcp" is a project not-included in my CD. I only can found  a similar project called "KIT33812ECUEVME Software V1.mcp". I can open this project with codewarrior and I am trying to debug it using my TBDML interface and the kit Card. But debugging is halted when the instruction  

//Set SYNDIV to 4 per fvco=2xfREF x (SYNRDIV+1)
  CPMUSYNR_SYNDIV = 4;
 is tried to be executed. I do not know the reason.

Perhaps is something related with the oscillator configuration or the "Set Target Speed" for the project. In the set target speed, I have choosed Crystal frequency = 16.00 Mhz and Crystal/BDM frequency ratio to 2.00 but I have some doubts because the oscillator of my KIT card is 8 MHz (at least, this is indicated in the schematic of the manual).

Someone can help me?

0 Kudos

usmanjavaid
Contributor II

first run the code using full chip simulation

than after removing the errors (if any). burn ur controller with TBDMl

set the speed to 8.00 M hz otherwise u will have syncronization problems and the debugger will be halted notifying u an illeagal breakpoint.

regards:

usman

0 Kudos

usmanjavaid
Contributor II

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM

BUT NOW I HAVE RESOLVED IT

I CAN SEND U THE CODE IF U WANT ME TO DO SO

CURRENTLY I AM WORKING WITH KIT33812ECUEVME

CODE IS RUNNING FINE

THE ONLY PROBLEM WHIS IS BOTHERING ME IS DAT THE OUTPUT PULSE FOR FUEL INJECTOR IS IN MILLIVOLTS

REGARDS:

USMAN

u may contact me on FB or Email me  

usman_fr2@yahoo.com

0 Kudos