Porting MQX

Dekabrist
Contributor I
Is the port MQX for MCF5271?
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Dekabrist
Contributor I
I send request for evaluation package. Is the Fresscale have porting guide for MQX like for uCOS (Micrium)?
0 Kudos

LeoPucci
Contributor III

You should check on the Mqx reference manual, the io user guide and on the mqx user guide.

Inside examples folder, you should find examples that will help you more to understand about Freescale MQX. 

Unfortunately, seems to me that this documentation would not help you.

I think that this embedded acces E. Package might be an old release of Mqx after Freescale.

So you should see with them about support, documentation and porting guide. But I'll be here if you need some help.

In fact, I have to warn you. As this might be an old release, it will have several design changes between E.Acess Mqx and Freescale one.

I'm openning a techincal request to see if Freescale Mqx will have support for you processor. So you could design and I could assure you support and documentation.

I'll post it here as soon as I receive the answer.

Regards,

Pucci.

0 Kudos

Doug_EmbeddedAc
Senior Contributor I

An up to date version of MQX is available for the MCF5271 from Embedded Access. However in accordance with our agreement with Freescale a license fee does apply to this release. Please keep in mind that the license agreement associated with the downloadable version of MQX does not permit porting to other processors that the release does not already support. This is because the supported processors have the software license costs built into the silicon price which isn't the case for older devices.

Doug

0 Kudos

LeoPucci
Contributor III

Let's see if I understood.

So, for old products, the MQX to be used is from Embedded Access?

And what about licensing for use?

Do you know something about Viragelogic MQX?

It's the same MQX licensed for several companies?

0 Kudos

Doug_EmbeddedAc
Senior Contributor I

Yes correct. With our agreement with Freescale the MQX platform can be licensed from Embedded Access for all legacy ColdFire processors, Power Architecture processors, and i.MX processors. The Freescale MQX platform was originally based on the virage logic MQX so it has the benefit of over 20 years of field proven robustness but it has been enhanced and much more aggressively priced.

Doug

0 Kudos

LeoPucci
Contributor III

The last one!! Hehe.

But what about this Mqx with several flavors? So to use Mqx for some old MCU, I have to use it from Embedded Access. And support? Documentation?

0 Kudos

Doug_EmbeddedAc
Senior Contributor I

The version of MQX from Embedded Access is the full platform including all documentation - just like the Freescale version has but you have a license to use it for a device not supported by the Freescale version. Embedded Access provides different levels of technical support ( http://mqx.com/support.html  ) and optional add-on components.

Doug

0 Kudos

hwg
Contributor I

Incidently the MQX 3.5.1 has a special patch for new CPU MPC5125. Is this CPU covered under Free MQX license if one wants to use it in an end product?

Regards,

0 Kudos

LeoPucci
Contributor III

On the Embedded Acces site, the MCF527X is included in the list of supported processors.

Although, on Freescale.com/mqx, it is not listed.

Seems to me that the core is supported. But is not optimized by Freescale with examples and sample projects.

Maybe this link will help you. Try asking for evaluation. The 5271 is listed there. Perhaps they have an example or 5271 core folders targeted for CW.

Please post a feedback here about it when you receive some answer.

Regards,

Pucci.

Message Edited by Leo Pucci on 2010-02-01 12:14 PM
0 Kudos