Can't get code to run/flash properly in debugger with TWR-MCF51CN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get code to run/flash properly in debugger with TWR-MCF51CN

RabbitHoleComp
Contributor II

Hi folks, I just obtained a TWR-MCF51CN-KIT and am having nothing but trouble getting code to run on the thing. I opened up lab number one(the telnet server example) , but when I execute the Debug mode, the flash sort-of works but the end result is far from functional. Here's the output of my Command window in the debugger...What concerns me most are the "XXXXX command file does not exist." messages, along with the message "ERROR: programmer is not enabled. Code loading overlap detected in range 0x00000400..0x00000417"

Please help. I've installed everything directly from the DVD which came with the kit, and the OSBDM is clearly working, because the flash does happen. Am I missing an update/patch to Codewarrior? This is rather frustrating, but I'm sure it can be worked through. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Loading Target ...
SETCOMM DRIVER NOPROTOCOL NOPERIODICAL
SETCOMM COMPORT NONE
IO registers loaded for MCF51CN128 from C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.2\prog\REG\MCU700A.REG
Startup command file does not exist.
Target Speed Change Detected - New Speed 50.36 MHz
Preload command file does not exist.
FP: FLASH parameters loaded for MCF51CN128_V0_6 from C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.2\prog\FPP\mcu700A.fpp

Reset command file does not exist.

MCU clock speed: 4461000 Hz
Block Module Name      Address Range   Status
   0  FLASH                0 - 1FFFF   Programmed - Unselected

FP: The UNPROTECT command is not available for the FLASH flash module => Skipped.
Vppon command file does not exist.
Vppoff command file does not exist.
FP: Arm FLASH for loading.
Vppon command file does not exist.
ERROR: programmer is not enabled

Code loading overlap detected in range 0x00000400..0x00000417
Vppoff command file does not exist.
FP: FLASH disarmed.
Reset command file does not exist.
Postload command file does not exist.
main 0xE6FA T
STARTED
RUNNING
Breakpoint

in>

Message Edited by InertialComputing on 2010-01-30 08:42 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, I never used that particular kit so I don't know that board of those samples.

Just in general with HIWAVE the "command file does not exist." messages are printed if a command file is enabled but does not actually exist. In the CW wizard generated projects those command files are almost always empty, so the lack of them is usually not an issue. I guess that the sample creator did remove the empty files without disabling the command files, if so then this would be not the real problem, just a cosmetic thing.

The "ERROR: programmer is not enabled" and "Code loading overlap detected in range 0x00000400..0x00000417" messages though look suspicious to me, although I'm not sure if they are the actual problem you have either, sorry.

When I look further down the command window then it apears to me that the debugger was able to set a breakpoint run and did hit it. Does this mean the app reaches main? Or where did it stop?

I would also try to reset the device, and if it is on reasonable code, where it would go by stepping throught the code.

Daniel

0 Kudos