Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: USB Module Is Designed To Function At Bus Clock Frequency = 24 MHz

Jump to solution
RedInVan
Contributor II

Warning: USB Module Is Designed To Function At Bus Clock Frequency = 24 MHz

Hello, First of all, I am so new to the Microcontollers' designs and using tools for te purpose of designing them. So be patient with me. Right now I am using CodeWarrier 6.1 to write a code for MC9S08JM60 in Processor Expert mode. I get the above warning message even if all the CPU and USB settings are in default values(i.e.without touching any settings). I tried to change the bus frequency, but I get out of range error. Here is the related settings on the CPU:

High Speed Mode: 

• High speed clock: Internal Clock
  • Bus frequency divider: Auto Select
  • Internal Bus Clock: 16.0 MHz
  • Fixed frequency clock: 0.015625 MHz                                                           

It is truly appreciated if someone help me to know what I am doing wrong and how to fix the problem. Also, the project is attached for your reference.                                                                                                                  

Regards 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear RedInVan,

The MC9S08JM60 is intended to be used with an external crystal for USB operation.  4 or 12 MHz would be typical with a 24MHz internal bus frequency.  The internal clock would not have the required accuracy.

You should be able to configure the clock appropriately using Processor Expect.

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear RedInVan,

The MC9S08JM60 is intended to be used with an external crystal for USB operation.  4 or 12 MHz would be typical with a 24MHz internal bus frequency.  The internal clock would not have the required accuracy.

You should be able to configure the clock appropriately using Processor Expect.

bye

0 Kudos
RedInVan
Contributor II

Thank you so much. As you see I am no expert in the field of Micros. Again I do appreciate your help.

Regards

0 Kudos