Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with MCF52259 Demokit and TWR Kit board

Jump to solution
DK1BN
Contributor III

Hi all,

my colleague stepped into debug and flashing problems on both boards. After working for weeks with the DEMO MCF52259 board he cant flash the board any more correctly. He gets the following behaviour.

He tries to flash it: see attached .pdf

Erase Command Succeeded 

Error: Blank Check failed

Program Command succeeded

Error: Verify failed

(Details : 10 data mismatches occur )

He tried now also the TWR MC52259 board and there is no difference. He told me that he did not do any config changes. But I think there must be something with the config files.

Tomorrow we will try to use the P&E USB-ML-CF with the J18(TGT_BDM) connector on the TWR board  but there is no documentation on this 26pin connector for the TWR MCF52259 board. Did someone use J18 ? Is OUT_EN of the JM60 (OSBDM) in the right state ( means is the OSBDM  JM60 disconnected?)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DK1BN
Contributor III

Hi Demo experts,

yeah, you are right. It was a problem of the clock. Now it is working again with OSBDM using the 48MHz crystal.

Great ....thanks.

I think it is not a good idea to leave all  doors open with CLKMOD 0, 1 on low. I still dont understand whats happened but it is really a clock problem and now we are back to "external crystal mode".

Walter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
demo_experts
Contributor I

Hi DK1BN,

In our case, this problem was caused by setting a software reset by setting the bit SOFTRST in the register RCR.

The problem was solved by asserting the R3 and R5 to 3V3 (DemoKit). (Pins 143 and 144 in the microcontroller MCF52259)

These changes assert CLOCKMOD0 and CLOCKMOD1 to high.

I hope this tip solves your problem. 

Brazil rocks.

0 Kudos
DK1BN
Contributor III

Hi Demo experts,

yeah, you are right. It was a problem of the clock. Now it is working again with OSBDM using the 48MHz crystal.

Great ....thanks.

I think it is not a good idea to leave all  doors open with CLKMOD 0, 1 on low. I still dont understand whats happened but it is really a clock problem and now we are back to "external crystal mode".

Walter

0 Kudos
DK1BN
Contributor III
By the way the bootloader demo program were the DEMOKIT should be a MSD is working ok...but my old IBM Thinkpad T41p does not detect it correctly as a MassStorageDevice. It is working fine with my Fujitsu P820 and an older IBM T23 .-).
0 Kudos
DK1BN
Contributor III

ok.. got P&E USB-ML-CF working on J18. R21,R22,R23 and R25 must be closed and of course use external power (seperate PWR only USB connector) on the TWR kit MCF52259 board.

Still searching for reasons why the OSBDM is not working any more on both MCF52259DEMO and TWR kit board.

0 Kudos