cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTIB for MCF5445x - failure on kernel compile

w_wegner
Contributor III
Hi,
I finally got the host side of LTIB for MCF5445x (ltib-mcfv4m-20090730) to install on my debian squeeze/sid machine after these changes:
- switch from texinfo-4.8 to texinfo-4.9 because of build failure (some post here mentioned it already)
- added "no_root_squash" to my NFS build directory (need for RPM crap)
- manually created /opt/freescale with mode 777
- added "--force-debian" to installing the initial freescale rpm like suggested somewhere here in the forums
- added "--nodeps" to the toolchain install because it insisted on /bin/sh being missing on my system
Of course, all these are not that easy to find in a 105k shell script...

Now am stuck at this point:

+ make ARCH=m68k CROSS_COMPILE= 'HOSTCC=ccache /usr/bin/gcc -B/usr/bin/' uImage
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/m68k/Kconfig
CHK include/linux/version.h
UPD include/linux/version.h
CHK include/linux/utsrelease.h
UPD include/linux/utsrelease.h
SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-m68k
HOSTCC scripts/kallsyms
HOSTCC scripts/conmakehash
HOSTCC scripts/bin2c
CC scripts/mod/empty.o
HOSTCC scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig
`-mcpu=' is deprecated. Use `-mtune=' or '-march=' instead.
cc1: warning: unknown register name: a2
scripts/mod/empty.c:1: error: bad value (isac) for -march= switch
scripts/mod/empty.c:1: error: bad value (54455) for -mtune= switch
make[2]: *** [scripts/mod/empty.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [scripts/mod] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [scripts] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /daten/daten/router/uclinux-application/ltib-mcfv4m-20090730/tmp/rpm-tmp.53995 (%build)

RPM build errors:
Bad exit status from /daten/daten/router/uclinux-application/ltib-mcfv4m-20090730/tmp/rpm-tmp.53995 (%build)
Build time for kernel-2.6.25-mcfv4m: 1426 seconds

Failed building kernel-2.6.25-mcfv4m

After all this trouble getting the stuff to work that is "needed to have a consistent toolchain and build environment" I have to admit I am quite upset by such a catastrophic failure.
How can it be that kernel and compiler are not consistent in a release? Or is it using a wrong compiler?

I have other toolchains available (used for building U-Boot out of LTIB, for example) that seemingly are able to generate code for MCF5445x. Can I somehow switch to these? Did anybody else use this ltib successfully for generating code for the MCF5445x? Are there useful log files produced by ltib after the host part?

Nothing but questions all over, but maybe somebody else at least has a positive report to convince me giving it another try is worth the effort...

Regards,
Wolfgang
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

w_wegner
Contributor III
Just in case this might help anybody else, I was now able to get LTIB running using coLinux and a Fedora10 image. I had some problems getting NFS to work, but after that the LTIB install and generating a target image was OK.

Maybe this helps somebody else without the possibility to set up a seperate Fedora/Ubuntu machine.
0 Kudos