cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Wav file in S08JM60 MCU?

xiujiang
Contributor II

HI All,

Currently i have one FlexisJM60SD eval board on hand. I would like to create wav file and store it in SD card. 

Any advise or sample code that create wav file in Freescale MCU?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Super_Guwapo
Contributor I

Hi Xiujiang,

If you wanted to create a wave file and store it in memory, you can use the software available at freescale downloads. I have used this software before and it works perfect. The only difference is I am using a 16bit MCU. However, you can access the wave file in 8 bit format if you are using 8 bit MCU's. First you must have a wave file (ie, your own recorded voice, simple music, etc) saved in your hard disk. In order to save this into memory you have to convert it into an array file. The software I mentioned free from freescale is called arrayFilecreator.exe. You can log in to freescale site, go into application notes 16bit MCU and find the AN2250SW2. This is a zip file and it contains the array file creator that converts the wave file into hex data format. The file name after conversion is named as output01, output02.....  and so on depending on the size of your wave file.  These output file can be renamed to whatever you wanted to name it and can be save into memory. Once it is saved you can access and retrieve the file to play it back.

Regards,

SG

0 Kudos