Is OSBDM-JM60 support HCS12(X)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is OSBDM-JM60 support HCS12(X)?

bluehacker
Contributor III

Hi, I read Osbdm-jm60 document, it seems not support hcs12 MCU.IS IT NOT?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Zahar
Contributor IV

Hello Bluehacker,

OSBDM support is included in the latest Codewarrior 5.1. There is OSBDM firmware/software/project wizard support for 9S12G128 Tower Card which is a part of Freescale Tower project.

Best Regards,
Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos

rlw
Contributor I

But no stand alone programmer software for S12/S12X ?

0 Kudos

Zahar
Contributor IV

Hello Rlw,

To the best of my knowledge, OSBDM is primarily designed to be a part of Freescale Tower evaluation platforms. Thus, it gives a way for its user to debug onboard processor without purchasing a standalone hardware interface. I am not aware of any software utilities that provide standalone support for OSBDM design, as it is slow and meant to be used as a standalone hardware interface.

What application are you working on? What kind of quantity of devices are you looking to program.

There are a couple of standalone hardware soluations that are offered by P&E Microcomputer Systes.

USB ML 12 ($99)- inexpensive standalone hardware interface designed for R&D and programming small batches of devices. You can find more info here:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=33&CFID=1463065&CFTOKEN=92257b86a...

Cyclone Pro ($499) - a production programming hardware interface designed for R&D/automation/programming devices in production environment. It has USB/Serial/Ethernet interfaces. You can find more information about it here:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=1&CFID=1463065&CFTOKEN=92257b86aa...

Both hardware interfaces are supported under Freescale Codewarrior toolset as well as FLASH programming and in-circuit debugging solutions from P&E Microcomputer Systems.

Best Regards,
Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos