cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to loading and run binary image under codewarrior with mcf52254

Jump to solution
robert_zhang
Contributor I

1.i check the 'generate binary image' on setting window.

2.in flash programmer, i select program/verify ,check 'used selected file' and select binary file that have already generated.

3.click 'erase','program' button, it display successful.

4.but when i reset the target board, there was nothing in uart.

i used to download elf type file into 52254, it will run ok and will display welcome message through uart.

who can help me and tell me how to right set other config to keep it run normally?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MCF52233
Contributor III

Hi Robert,

i really dont knw what exactly problem with codewarrior to generate bin file. But i'm sure there is some decrepency in data,rather than u can try S19 to bin file converter which will work for u.

chk tunercat.com for s19 to bin converter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MCF52233
Contributor III

Hi Robert,

i really dont knw what exactly problem with codewarrior to generate bin file. But i'm sure there is some decrepency in data,rather than u can try S19 to bin file converter which will work for u.

chk tunercat.com for s19 to bin converter

0 Kudos
robert_zhang
Contributor I
under you tip, i have check help system on flash binary file again, i found the binary file that the codewarrior generated was a binary version of s-record, but the flash programmer only process raw binary file.the size of my code was small,and the mcu chip has too much flash to use, so i decided to give up this idea.
0 Kudos
gmnelson
Contributor III

I'm having this problem right now.  We've written code to download (via the web browser) a raw binary image file and store it in a Serial SPI flash device.  Unfortunately we have realized the 'binary image' generated by CodeWarrior is not a 'RAW' binary image - it's a binary version of the .s19 file.

What's up with this?  Who uses a binary image of the s19 file???

0 Kudos