Mark Giacobbe

CML-5282 Ethernet not working

Discussion created by Mark Giacobbe on Dec 19, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2011 by ROGER FORRESTER

I have a CML-5282 (M5282Lite) from Axiom and I am having issues with the Ethernet on this board.  I tried using dbug and u-boot, but I am having the same issue:

I connect my 5282 to my router (linksys wrt54g) using a standard cat-5 cable, and set dbug to a static IP address (outside the DHCP server of the router), the "LINK" LED on the board continuously flashes, and the "DUP" and "100" LED on the board is on.

I set up tftp on my Linux box (and verified that tftp works from a XP box on the same network), and tried a "db -i image.bin" from dbug.  I get

dBUG> dn -i image.bin                                                          

Address:  0x00010000                                                           
Ethernet Address is 12:34:56:78:00:00                                          
Downloading Image 'image.bin' from 192.168.1.100                               
Unable to locate 192.168.1.100                                                 
Errors in TFTP download.                                                       
Read 0 bytes (0 blocks)                                                        
dBUG>

I also get a timeout from uboot whenever I tried to ping 192.168.1.100

I also tried with a simple hub, and reduced the PC Ethernet to 10Meg speed and got this

dBUG> dn -i image.bin                                                           
Address:  0x00010000                                                            
Ethernet Address is 12:34:56:78:00:00                                           
Downloading Image 'image.bin' from 10.65.92.20                                  
TFTP could not make connection to server.                                       
Errors in TFTP download.                                                        
Read 0 bytes (0 blocks)                                                         
dBUG>

A little bit different result.

I tried to contact Axiom, but I have not received an answer yet.

Anyone know if there is a newer dbug for the CML-5282, as the one from Axioms website is the same version as what was installed?

Or is this a hardware isue with the board?

Or possibly a setup issue with the Linux network stuff...

Thanks

Bipster

Outcomes