cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S08SH8 / MC9S08SH16 compatibility?

jruano
Contributor I

Hello,

I am new here, my question is regarding the compatibility of the 20-pin TSSOP versions of these two microcontrollers, are they 100% compatible?. I am developing an application in the SH8 and need to upgrade to the SH16. The USB multilink interface does not seem to be happy with the change. What am I missing here?... whebn I change the CPU bean to the SH16 bean (which is a derivative of the SH32 bean it seems) and I try to debug with the USB multilink it shows a window saying: "Elf Loader - Error while writing to C000..C200. Information: No memory at this address". I was assuming this two microcontrollers were direct replacements (both in 20-pin TSSOP).

On the other hand I need to know if it is still possible to use the free version of the Codewarrior with the SH16, I was assuming yes too, because it falls below the 16Kb codesize limit I have read in the documentation.

Please, get back to me on this, I am kind of stuck.

Thanks a lot!

code.jpg

code2.jpg

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-12-02 11:18 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
Hello,

it seems that you have switched to the new CPU without using "Change MCU/Connection ... button on "Project panel" window (For more details please find attached screen shot).

To avoid the problem please swicth to the new cpu either using this button or in hi-wave debuger use Derivative:  ... menu command from MultilinCyclonePro menu (for more details please find attached screenshot).

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team
0 Kudos