Debugger froze while loading my program and now will not communicate with my DEMO09s08LC60

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger froze while loading my program and now will not communicate with my DEMO09s08LC60

Pyretta
Contributor I

While loading a program, the debugger froze at 100% loading of the program. After the debugger crashed, the board will no longer connect to the compiler when trying to load other simple programs that loaded before. When the debugger is run, the following is displayed to us.

Title box that says Hi-Wave

"Lost communication with the target device. Possible cause:

1. target board is not powered.

2. Oscillator frequency is out of range.

3. The device has been reset"

After hitting ok

"There is currently no communication with the hardware. Please try to connect before loading an executable file."

After hitting ok

Command windows says

executing C_layout.hwl

!OPEN source 0 0 60 39
NO CONNECTION
!Source < attributes MARKS off
!OPEN assembly 60 0 40 31
!Assembly < attributes ADR on,CODE off,ABSADR on,SYMB off,TOPPC 0xF88C
!OPEN procedure 0 39 60 17
!Procedure < attributes VALUES on,TYPES off
!OPEN register 60 31 40 25
!Register < attributes FORMAT AUTO,COMPLEMENT None
!OPEN memory 60 56 40 22
!Memory < attributes FORMAT hex,COMPLEMENT None,WORD 1,ASC on,ADR on,ADDRESS 0x80
!OPEN data 0 56 60 22
!Data:1 < attributes SCOPE global,COMPLEMENT None,FORMAT Symb,MODE automatic,UPDATERATE 10,NAMEWIDTH 16
!OPEN data 0 78 60 22
!Data:2 < attributes SCOPE local,COMPLEMENT None,FORMAT Symb,MODE automatic,UPDATERATE 10,NAMEWIDTH 16
!OPEN command 60 78 40 22
!Command < attributes CACHESIZE 1000
!bckcolor 50331647
!font 'Courier New' 9 BLACK
!AUTOSIZE on
!ACTIVATE Data:2 Command Procedure Data:1 Source Register Assembly Memory 
done C_layout.hwl

Loading Target ...
IO registers loaded for MC9S08LC60 from C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.1\prog\REG\MCU101C.REG
IO registers loaded for MC9S08LC60 from C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.1\prog\REG\MCU101C.REG
executing .\cmd\SofTec_HCS08_startup.cmd

!// At startup the commands written below will be executed
Target Ready
done .\cmd\SofTec_HCS08_startup.cmd

Startup command file correctly executed.
Error: The debugger is currently not able to run
due to loss of contact with hardware.

in>

Everything worked fine for months now and even older programs that worked fine, no longer work. The PC recognizes that the board is connected.  Any thoughts? Is my board now hosed?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pyretta
Contributor I
I do not know how to unsecure the board. Is there a document that explains how to do this? This demoboard is a Softec.
0 Kudos

Lundin
Senior Contributor IV
Did you try to unsecure the processor? It sounds like it could be the cause. If that doesn't help, then I'd say you have some sort of hardware problem.