Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of EDMA channel in Monaco - MPC5633M

Jump to solution
deka
Contributor II

Hello,

I was walking through the reference manual of Monaco - MPC5633M for EDMA module. But I got confused regaring the number of EDMA channels. In section 7.1.1 its mentioned that it supports 32 channels, where as in section 7.2.1 its mention about 64 channel too. The register description also supports 64 channel.

Can anybody please tell exactly how many EDMA channel Monaco - MPC5633M supports?

Note: The reference manual was "MPC563XM Reference Manual, Rev. 1"

Warm Regards,

Deka

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
deka
Contributor II

O... Great :smileyhappy: I appreciate your point.

Thank you Takao. This will help me clearing many of my doubts.

Warm Regards,

Khanindra Deka

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Takao
Contributor I
Monaco - MPC5633M has 32 DMA channels. Check out Table 1-1 in chapter 1.2 that gives a summary of the device.
0 Kudos
deka
Contributor II

Thank you Takao.

Well, 

If we concetrate on the Reference manual we can always see that in some sections its mentions about 32 channels and in other sections it mentiones 64 channels etc.

So you mean to say that the Monaco - MPC5633M and 64 chennel is wrong value.

Regards

Deka

0 Kudos
Takao
Contributor I

The reference manual that Freescale makes can be tricky at times. They tend to make 1 chapter for a module (e.x. EDMA) that will cover many PPC chips. That way they do not have to recreate the whole chapter for every single chip. Instead, they will make small changes at the beginning of the chapter indicating that only 32 channels are available. For EDMA, the chapter was built to cover all 64-channels for PPC devices, even though Monaco MPC5633M only has 32 channels. The safest way to know is looking at chapter 1, which is device specific. Understand what I am saying?

Takao Yamada

P&E Technical Engineering Intern

0 Kudos
deka
Contributor II

O... Great :smileyhappy: I appreciate your point.

Thank you Takao. This will help me clearing many of my doubts.

Warm Regards,

Khanindra Deka

0 Kudos