FEC: Gives rx frame interrupts but no data ..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEC: Gives rx frame interrupts but no data ..

Jump to solution
vespaman
Contributor III

I have this issue with the FEC in 52259, where, after I have set it up (using example code from freertos/lwip), it does cannot receive anything.

I get the rx frame interrupts, which is what I have set-up, but if I look in the descriptor, RX_BD_E is still set, the length is left unchanged from my default.

I have checked all (4 in my case) rx descriptors, but all are as initiated from start. MCF_FEC_ERDSR is, if I read from it, set to the same address as the first descriptor.

All aligned using the run-time alignment method seen in most examples, to 16 bytes.

This is not my first project using the FEC  (used it in the 5280 before), still I am lost. I have double checked everything, and really, the example should work out of the box more or less.

So, is there anything obvious I have missed? Is there any condition that can make the FEC give the RX_FRAME interrupt, but leaving the rx descriptors untouched?

As far as I can understand, 52259 does not support data cache, so I think it is not a cache issue.

I have tried to connect it to a 10mbit hub as well as the gigabit switch we use here, with the same outcome. If I unplug the ethernet cable, the interrupts stop coming, so nothing strange with that part. 

Thanks,

Micael 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vespaman
Contributor III

OK, it is later than it ought to be, and it is Friday evening.. And I finally found the problem; MCF_SCM_RAMBAR where not set-up to be available to the on-chip peripherals.

Thanks for the files. I have read so many fec examples the last couple of days that I will dream about them tonight. 

I focused entirely on the FEC, as everything else seamed to work fine... :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaoloRenzo
Contributor V

Hi Micael

Look at these files, this might be useful

I also used mcf5225x, lwip and freertos without problems

A file comparison might be useful, if this is not the issue, other things to look at:

- Are interrupts enabled (asm (move.w #0x2700,SR))?

- When lwIP init the Rx task, are you clearing the ready status? I cant recall the name but its a register with a single bit in the middle of a 32 bit reg

Hope this helps

5225x_FEC_Files.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-20 01:53 PM
0 Kudos
vespaman
Contributor III

OK, it is later than it ought to be, and it is Friday evening.. And I finally found the problem; MCF_SCM_RAMBAR where not set-up to be available to the on-chip peripherals.

Thanks for the files. I have read so many fec examples the last couple of days that I will dream about them tonight. 

I focused entirely on the FEC, as everything else seamed to work fine... :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos