cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LC60: Problem getting to Stop1 mode

info_nrh
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm having problem getting my LC60 into Stop1 Mode, it's written on the datasheet that inorder to go into Stop Mode, 'ENBDM' located in the 'BDCSCR' need to be set to 0. And 'BDCSCR' only accessible through BDC commands. But how do I access the BDC commands? I tried looking at the 'Development Support section' as told, but still couldn't figure out anything.

Any help please? Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Learner,

I don't think that information is telling you to modify the BDCSCR register.

Rather it is indicating that STOP1 mode is not available when that bit is set i.e. You can't do STOP1 when using the Background Debug Monitor.  This would be the usual case when debugging the chip.

Basically you have to be content with STOP3 when debugging since you need some clocks.  When you then run you program for real without the debugger than STOP1 will be available.

I hope this is clear.

bye 

0 Kudos

info_nrh
Contributor I

So you mean after I flash the program code into the LC60 using the BDM, disconnect it, it should be able to go into Stop1 Mode?

I tried disconnecting it and run, but the input current measured from the power supply doesn't seems to drop.

This is the code that i use... 

void STOP1_MODE_ENTER(void){    //STOP1 mode is used for 'shut down'
  SOPT1_STOPE=1;                      //1=Enable the STOP mode
  SPMSC1_LVDSE=0;                    //0=Disable low-voltage detect during STOP enabled
  SPMSC1_LVDE=0;                      //0=Disable LVD logic
  SPMSC2_PDC=1;                       //1=Enable Power Down Control
  SPMSC2_PPDC=0;
  __asm{
    stop;
  }

any help??

thanks!

0 Kudos