MC12334 based Zigbee network rejoin does not work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC12334 based Zigbee network rejoin does not work

saurabh
Contributor I
We are using Beestack code on Mc13224. The documentation claims that the end device rejoins to the Zigbee network once it is back in the network. Let me explain the scenario that we are trying to create.

Our end nodes are moving. They transmit data when they are in network. The end node may get out of the Zigbee network and come back in. The moment they are in they should be automatically rejoined to the network and start transmitting data again.

Our observation is that the end node does not even attempt to rejoin the network. We verified this observation using Zigbee network analyzer.

We are modifing the code to be able to achieve network rejoin. We are using 'ZDO_Start(gZdoStartMode_OrphanRejoin_c)' But this work only for the first time. There is no documentation for this function. We are not able to figure out what functions have to be used to enable rejoin

Could anyone please help us in getting the rejoin to work automatically?

We are working on
1. MC13224 v2.1
2. Beestack ARM7 codebase - 3.0.4
3. IAR version 5.20

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Mads
Contributor V

Saurabh,

First of all, there is a 3.0.5 codebase available, so please make sure you are using the latest software.

The Default demonstration behaviour will Trigger a rejoin if there is 2 concequtive transmission failures in a row. This can be a poll request or a data packet failing.

A nwk rejoin (not orphan) is then attempted.

BR,

Mads

0 Kudos

simonpietro
Contributor II

Hi ,

I'm working with last version of codebase and I have the same problem on MC13224 during the Orphan Rejoin procedure of a ZED.

Instead if I use the method network rejoin with NVM run perfectly, but when there's one other PAN on the same channel the ZED could join other PAN. There's a method to avoid this behavior?

Simone

0 Kudos