cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabled DHCP client by pressing SW2 on DEMO board, got IP was assigned

Jump to solution
TVNAIDU
Contributor III

I was using LITE stack to force DHCP client to get IP addr from server by pressing SW2 on DEMO board, DHCP client gets IP addr, but this addr was already assigned for some other PC, I was wondering whether this is DHCP server issue or LITE stack Client issue. I was using Netgear Router, sofar this router never assigned like that, any idea?.

TV

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

I haven't seen that kind of problem yet...

I currently have 2 Coldfire devices connected to my router (3com), as well as a couple of wired and wireless PCs and a Wii game console. All work fine, all have their own IP address assigned.

Always make sure every device has it's own unique MAC address, but you probably know that.

Try power cycling your router to reset it's client list and see if it makes any difference. Also, after power cycling the router, do the same with the coldfire board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

I haven't seen that kind of problem yet...

I currently have 2 Coldfire devices connected to my router (3com), as well as a couple of wired and wireless PCs and a Wii game console. All work fine, all have their own IP address assigned.

Always make sure every device has it's own unique MAC address, but you probably know that.

Try power cycling your router to reset it's client list and see if it makes any difference. Also, after power cycling the router, do the same with the coldfire board.

0 Kudos