tcp/udp/ip stack

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tcp/udp/ip stack

Ni101
Contributor I

Hi, I am new in the forum and also with microprocessors and in programming in general and I’ve been asked to learn about ColdFire recently.

The thing is that I already created my own stationary project and now I need to send some data through UDP or TCP, and I’ve tried everything but I don’t get it working.

Can anybody tell me what do I need to do in order to send data through UDP or TCP if I have a stationary project created with my own program running?

I think that my problem can be because of the configuration of the CW or that I need to add some more files to my project, but I’ve tried to follow the the steps from AN3470 file (“ColdFire TCP/UDP/IP stack and RTOS”) and I didn’t get it working. I have no idea which can be the problem and what do I miss or do wrong, if somebody knows what can I be doing wrong and can tell me some steps or the exact files that I need to add in my project and where can I get them (ColdFire_Lite project or somewhere else) it would be really helpful.

I forgot to say that am using the M52233EVB and CodeWarrior v6.3.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

PaoloRenzo
Contributor V

Why don't you just start backwards? From the interniche stack (functional project) and change it with your specific needs

try tcp/udp client/server as a starting point

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MCF5223X&nodeId=0162468rH3YTLC00M9544...

Good luck

0 Kudos

Ni101
Contributor I

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your answer. I took your advice but I still got problems with that part of sending packets, and finally I realized that it was not because of the code or the files that it wasn’t working, the thing is that the CodeWarrior was trying to save my program to the SRAM memory instead of the FLASH memory so the ethernet part wasn’t working at all. I already solved that.

But thank you anyways, because I saw the error while looking at the interniche files.

Cristina

0 Kudos