gang programming

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gang programming

cy
Contributor I

New to OSBDM and the open source and hardware. I like the feel of the whole thing. I am working with a small company that wants to gangprogram four QG8 device on the same board. Will be cycling through four channels on a cd74hc4052 by pushing two buttons, four different postions.

Question: Is there a finish state in the BDM that can be used to increment through a two bit counter making the process automatic when a chip has been programmed?

Qusetion: looking through the project USBDM_JM60 I am not finding the procudure called from the main module: LCD_init()?

Thank you,

Cy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

cy
Contributor I

pgo,

Thank you for the reply, I am looking to program four QG8's on a single board. The circuit I have at this point is the open source USBDM for the JM16 with the BDM going into a bidirectional analog mux, CD74HC4052, as the common channel and the four outputs into the BDMs of the four QG8s. At this stage the channels will be cycled manually through a couple of switches. I am looking to add some additional programming into the USBDM C source code to utilize two or three of the unused I/Os as mux control, therfore I am searching out the program complete indication on the JM16. I am not looking to mess with control at C.W. interface.  Thank you for the reply and if you have any suggestions would like to hear about it, even if it is give it up.

Cy 

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear cy,

There isn't really a "program complete" indication from the codewarrior software to the OSBDM.

You can use the Debug version of the interface DLLs to examine the (copious) communication between the Codewarrior software and the BDM to see if you can choose some sequence to trigger a move to the next device.

I'm still unsure how this is meant to work.  Do the 4 chips have the same code?  If not you would be running the Codewarrior software multiple times to do the programming anyway (or a least using the load command in the debugger multiple times).   This is very manual in any case so flicking a switch at the same time would appear OK. I guess you could use a command file to automate the process.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

bye 

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear cy,

I'm a bit unclear how you intend to achieve a gang programmer.

Please be aware that OSBDM (or USBDM) only works in conjunction with the Codewarrior software.  It is not a stand-alone solution for anything!

It would be possible to write a stand-alone program for a PC that uses the OSBDM interface to program  chips but it would be a fair amount of work.  The actual programming is done by downloading code to the target RAM and executing it there. 

When using OSBDM with Codewarrior there is no simple way to tell if the programming of a device has completed (apart from observing the Codewarrior softwar).

Finally - I cannot find any reference to LCD_init() in the USBDM_JM60 source code?

bye

Message Edited by pgo on 2009-07-22 03:25 PM
0 Kudos