Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF5307 and 16bit flash

Jump to solution
angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hello all,

i am booting colilo from a a 16 bit flash. Code is run correctly, but texts are printed out from the serial uncorrectly, due to the 16-bit word addressing mode:

Hello world is printed as HHeelloo  ..  

This becouse char* increment don't point to the next byte but to the same word.

Every help is really appreciated.

spectrum

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hello all,

mm, i finally clarified the mistery: it is related to the flash 2Mx16 SST 29VF3201B i have chosed.

Unfortunately, even if the pinout is exactly as a correspondent size AMD x16 flash, i discovered that SST flash don't suport the x8 mode, or better, don't have the BYTE# signal on pin 47, but it is a NC.

I choosed SST for good pricing, and would avoid to replace it, so i am going to try to modify the colilo bootloader to copy rodata to rom.

Anyway this is just a beginner erro i guess :smileyhappy:

Hope this can help soem other,

greetings,

angelo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hello all,

mm, i finally clarified the mistery: it is related to the flash 2Mx16 SST 29VF3201B i have chosed.

Unfortunately, even if the pinout is exactly as a correspondent size AMD x16 flash, i discovered that SST flash don't suport the x8 mode, or better, don't have the BYTE# signal on pin 47, but it is a NC.

I choosed SST for good pricing, and would avoid to replace it, so i am going to try to modify the colilo bootloader to copy rodata to rom.

Anyway this is just a beginner erro i guess :smileyhappy:

Hope this can help soem other,

greetings,

angelo

0 Kudos