Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug cfg file for MPC5121, Codewarrier MobileGT 9.2

Jump to solution
martinw
Contributor III

Hello,

I am in the process of bringing up my own hardware using the MPC5121.

I am not using UBOOT.

Codewarrier includes some .cfg initialisation files for the ADS5121, but it looks like these need UBOOT to have run first to configure the processor.

Can anyone let me have a .cfg file that will bring up an MPC5121 from scratch, i.e. UBOOT is not present?

Regards

Martin Wakely

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
martinw
Contributor III

Hi Ron,

I do have all those files, but I was struggling to bring my board up, so I thought maybe there was something UBOOT did that the .cfg files didn't.

I found my problem - I had pin 8 of the debug header connected to chkstp, but I hadn't configured the chkstp pin.  I disconnected pin 8 and the debugger burst into life!

Regards

Martin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Martin,

I'm surprised to hear you say that you see only one Target Initialization (.cfg) file for the ADS5121.  You should have a whole set of them, like these: 

5121_e300_init_dbg.cfg
5121ADS_init.cfg
5121ADS_init_ROM.cfg
5121ADS_init_sram_flash.cfg
5121ADS_uboot_init_Linux.cfg

These files are in the \Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for MobileGT V9.2\PowerPC_EABI_Support\Initialization_Files\52xx folder.  If you really don't have these files you may need to re-install your 9.2 CodeWarrior for mobileGT.  When you do get them, any one of the first four files will be good candidates on which to base your own .cfg file.

-Ron

0 Kudos
martinw
Contributor III

Hi Ron,

I do have all those files, but I was struggling to bring my board up, so I thought maybe there was something UBOOT did that the .cfg files didn't.

I found my problem - I had pin 8 of the debug header connected to chkstp, but I hadn't configured the chkstp pin.  I disconnected pin 8 and the debugger burst into life!

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos