CW for PalmOS 9.3 hangs every few seconds, for a few seconds...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW for PalmOS 9.3 hangs every few seconds, for a few seconds...

Jump to solution
Izhido
Contributor I

Hi!

I'm having this problem, where Codewarrior for Palm OS 9.3 hangs in my machine for a few seconds, then resumes like nothing ever happened, then a few seconds later, it hangs again, then resumes, then hangs, then resumes, and so on, and so on.

I already checked processes running on my machine (XP SP3, Office 2007 Enterprise minus Groove, AVG Free, LogMeIn "server"), and it seems IDE.exe is not doing anything at all when the hangs occur.

Anyone else has had these "hangings"? Not a serious problem, since I can still do my job; but it's frustrating sometimes (especially while debugging).

Any ideas highly appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Izhido
Contributor I

YES!

Many thanks for your help. The FAQ *almost* gave me the answer.

I followed the steps on the mentioned FAQ to find the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable, just to find that the variable was NOT actually present. Curiously enough, the FAQ mentions that you don't actually need the variable if Codewarrior was the only product using FlexLM... somehow, something in me was telling me that wasn't right.

What did I do? I *created* the variable, and pointed it at C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\Codewarrior\license.dat.

Guess what?

Again, many thanks for your help!

- Izhido

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could be a license problem.  Take a look at FAQ-28441 (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/utils/SingleFaq.jsp?FAQ-28441.xml)  and see if that helps.

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos
Izhido
Contributor I

YES!

Many thanks for your help. The FAQ *almost* gave me the answer.

I followed the steps on the mentioned FAQ to find the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable, just to find that the variable was NOT actually present. Curiously enough, the FAQ mentions that you don't actually need the variable if Codewarrior was the only product using FlexLM... somehow, something in me was telling me that wasn't right.

What did I do? I *created* the variable, and pointed it at C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\Codewarrior\license.dat.

Guess what?

Again, many thanks for your help!

- Izhido

0 Kudos