cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer access M52259DEMO board after codewarrior 7.1.2 update

Jump to solution
vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

I have been using Codewarrior for Coldfire SE 7.1.1a for a while with no problems at all, using M52233DEMO, M52235EVB and M52259DEMO boards as targets.

This week I found out about the V7.1.2 update of  Codewarrior for Coldfire, and as I usually do, performed the update immediately. Unfortunately, I now can no longer access de M52259DEMO board. Instead, I get a message saying:

I noticed that in the specified folder this DLL does not exist (it does in the 7.1.1a codewarrior) but there are a couple of other DLLs present. Selecting one of those in the project settings does not fix the problem though.

I have been thinking of copying the DLL from the 7.1.1a version to the 7.1.2 version but I haven't tested that out yet.

I'm using WinXP SP3 32 bit by the way...

Message Edited by Marc VDH on 2009-06-19 08:22 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

In the mean time I have recovered the original DLLs from the 7.1.1a version. Not sure if they will work with version 7.1.2, I still have to try.

I have made the 7.1.1a DLLs available for download here, in case anyone wants to try it out themself:

http://www.mvdh.be/osbdm_cf2.zip

Extract the DLLs from the .zip file and put them in the folder in the path shown above (or the equivalent path on your system) .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

In the mean time I have recovered the original DLLs from the 7.1.1a version. Not sure if they will work with version 7.1.2, I still have to try.

I have made the 7.1.1a DLLs available for download here, in case anyone wants to try it out themself:

http://www.mvdh.be/osbdm_cf2.zip

Extract the DLLs from the .zip file and put them in the folder in the path shown above (or the equivalent path on your system) .

0 Kudos
nibble
Contributor II

Hi Marc,

Yes, using the old dll seems to solve the GDI problem. 

I've just done a quick test using the HVAC demo project on a M522259DEMO board and, this time, CW 7.1.2 worked flawlessy (just like in 7.1.1).

Having the development environment in a virtual machine helped a lot in this kind of test (do a snapshop before you upgrade, upgrade, test and if something is broken, just rollback to previous state).  

Thanks for the tip, regards

nibble 

0 Kudos
vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I
0 Kudos
trusc
Contributor II

Hi all

I had similar issues, but I managed to get around the GDI problem. However, I now get this CodeWarrior 7.1.1 message when I try to debug:

Exception vector name: F Line EmulatorPC where the exception happened: 0x00000418

Has anyone experienced this?

0 Kudos