cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX21 USB device linux driver

Denis3
Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the OTG port as device (function) under linux 2.6.11. On the net I found a imx_udc.c driver by Mike Lee but it is for iMX1. The porting is not trivial because the controllers are very different. 

Is there anyone who found something for iMX21? 

Thanks in advance.

Denis

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Kewal
Contributor IV

Hi,

I dont have a solution for your question rather I am also trying to find a driver to get the OTG working on imx21ads. However, I wanted to ask which tools you are using (LTIB, crosscompilers)to get the 2.6 kernel on to the board. Currently I am using 2.4.20 on my board which I want to upgrade it to 2.6.30 or any 2.6 kernel. wanted some hints regarding 2.6 kernel on imx21 . 

0 Kudos

Denis3
Contributor I

Hi,

we used kernel 2.6.11 from Microcross. You can find the LTIB here. As crosscompiler you can download the crosstools from here and the build your own ARM toolchain.

Hope it helped.

Denis

0 Kudos

Kewal
Contributor IV

But is not possible to take 2.6.30 kernel from the kernel archive and try to compile it using ltib,.. I see two options in ltib if we select for local linux directory build ie., to enter the linux source directory and kbuild_output path(??),.. did you also select the same thing and compile hte microcross kernel. and ofcourse lot of patches will be required to be put to the kernel ofcourse

well, thanks for the imm reply

0 Kudos

Denis3
Contributor I

Hi,

I used ltib only to build a jffs2 filesystem. I compile the kernel on his own.

Obviously you can't take the kernel from kernel.org and make it run on your board out of the box. You need to make a port and this is not an easy task. If you don't need specific features that are present only on 2.6.30 I suggest you to take from microcross the latest version ported to imx21. Probably you'll have to make some modification to make it run on your board but al least it's a good start point.

Bye

Denis

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MX21ADS is supported in mainline kernel:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=tree;f=arch/arm/mach-mx2;h=63d185...

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos